MONSTER2

The design of the monster first came out of my summer experiments, the earliest full-body standing drawing of a charactera was based on Taint’s symbols and a certain ancient monster. Because the monster is in the shape of a serpent and is related to dirt, I chose a serpent coiled on a pillar, and the sword design with ink was originally designed to correspond to Taint as a dirty attack with sewage, and the snake at the end was also based on the earliest word for “taint” which has a tail design.

So after I drew the design, instead of going with the exact counterpart in the design, I went with the threatening sword-wielding gesture that I had drawn earlier for my dynamic. The overall momentum is greater and the monster appears very powerful, increasing the conflict.

And I was recently inspired by a game on the internet that also featured shadow puppets, which don’t have to be completely flat, but can have a certain perspective and dynamics to show the form of the monsters and characters. It makes the monsters jump out of the plane and be more three-dimensional, making for a better picture.

In the final drawing, it was a challenge to transfer the original layers of the shadow to a completely black and white image. For the monster’s shadow, its lines had to be fine and there was no room for error. Otherwise, the overall picture will be affected. The final projection will also be flawed.