3D CHARACTER RENDER&SKELETON

In the earliest render tests, I used the colour gradient node in blender to make the light on the character’s face dichroic and distinct from her hair, but the light was very strange because its colour had to be controlled manually and was not very controlled, it would slide on various planes and was greyish in colour, not unlike the shadows of the human skin in natural light. It’s not like the shadows of human skin in natural light.

But the colour gradient is still a very important, can be made into a 2D rendering of the effect of the node, so I continue to make changes in the node, the two sides of the node can choose a different colour, I adjusted through the adjustment is also adjusted to a more appropriate colour, but I found that this can not see the uv that I get good, the effect of the colour of the tone of the light is not very good, so this way also fails.

In a final test I added other nodes to mix up the problem of the uv not showing up due to the colour gradient, so that the uv and the colour gradient were unified into a final 3d rendered 2d effect. This effect has a very clear shadow demarcation as well as not interfering with the original painting, and is turning the whole task into a three-dimensional 2d painting, which is also much better than the previous experiments.

And one of the key topics in 2d rendering is strobing, the same type of 3d model is more like a 2d painting because of the strobing. There are two ways to make a character have such a black stroke, one is fresnel, which is supposed to make the character have a layer of glowing wrapping, but you can use inversion to make the colour black and the substance have a layer of inconsistent thickness that changes according to the movement of the character. The other is to make the material expand and set the colour to black after subtracting the base layer, which will make the character’s wrap uniform and will also change the direction of the stroke as the character moves.

For bone binding I used blender’s rigify, a plugin that makes bone binding easier and saves time in scene creation. I also had some problems with some of the weights, one of the armour was shifted to the opposite side of the body due to a bone change. However, I was able to specify the bones to bind to the armour and finally get the character to move and test the model’s mobility.